JOIN WITH AN ACCESS POINT
Note: If using a mobile device, turn off mobile data.
- Press the Menu button on the S100 to open the menu. FAN MODE is displayed.
- Press the Down button until > NETWORK is displayed.
- Press the Mode button to enter the NETWORK menu. WPS NOW is displayed.
- Press the Down button once. WIFI NOW is displayed.
- Press the Mode button to start the access point. THERM-nnnn is displayed. This label alternates with WIFI ON
- Use a computer or mobile device to connect to the Wi-Fi network of the Simple Thermostat. The network name should look similar to THERM-nnnn. You may receive a warning that you are not connected to the Internet, but this is OK for device setup.
- Launch a new Web browser window on your computer or mobile device to connect to the thermostat at http://192.168.10.1.
- Select the "Reset Wi-Fi Configuration" button to show a list of 2.4GHz wireless networks. Note that this step will clear any network previously configured on the thermostat.
- Choose the customer’s home network from the list, and enter the network password, then press the "Connect" button.
- Upon successful connection, the thermostat display will count down RESTART 10, 9, 8 ...
- The thermostat is now connected to the customer’s home network.
- Now reconnect your computer or mobile device to its original wireless network (not THERM-nnnn) and resume installation with your original browser.
If you haven't already, please register and log into the Thermostat Installation Manager at https://home.thesimple.com/install/